RecipesFun recipes to try when you buy our salmon!
Salmon Vegetable Dip
- 1/4 – 1/3 lb of smoked salmon or cooked/canned salmon
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 package of dry vegetable mix (such as Knorr)
- 2 green onions, chopped
Flake salmon and combine with other ingredients. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Serve with crusty bread, veggies or crackers.
I found this on the internet, (credit to Martha Conaway, Ohio) and tried it the other night. It reminded me of one of my favorite foods, the Red Lobster Crab Cake!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 3 cups coarsely crushed saltine crackers, about 65
- 2 tea finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tea salt
- 1/4 tea pepper
- 2-14 oz cans of salmon or 1.5lbs of fillets, skinned and boned
- 2 Tbl butter
- 2 Tbl all purpose flour
- 1 tea fresh dill or 1/2 tea dill weed
- dash of pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup milk
Beat eggs, milk, lemon juice, saltines, onion, salt and pepper.
Add salmon and mix well. Shape into 12- 3 in. patties. Place in greased 10in. x 15in.baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour, dill, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil and then cook/stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over patties.